Limited Scope Representation
Hiring an attorney can be expensive. Not hiring an attorney can be even more costly. As a way to make legal services more affordable, Michigan allows for something called Limited Scope Representation. This allows clients to hire an attorney for only specific work on their case, instead of having an attorney represent them throughout the entire case.
Limited Scope representation is helpful to clients in many ways. Clients will only pay for parts of the case that they agree the attorney will handle. Clients are able to work on the less difficult parts of their case, while still having an attorney for the more difficult parts of the case.
Limited Scope Legal Services that we offer include:
• Researching your legal issue and giving you legal advice;
• Preparing legal documents for you;
• Reviewing legal paperwork you prepared;
• Serving court papers on the other party;
• Giving you legal advice;
• Drafting a demand letter or response letter;
• Negotiating or reviewing a settlement agreement;
• Coaching you on how to appear in court on your own; and
• Representing you in court at a specific hearing (usually the most complicated or important one) while you represent yourself in court for all other hearings.
Click the button below to find out more about Limited Scope Representation: